Friday 7 October 2011

PayPal problem for Indian accounts: Your PAN was found to be invalid after verification

On 30th September, 2011, received an email from PayPal with subject line "Your PAN was found to be invalid" followed by another email informing me that my PayPal account is limited from receiving payments.

I double checked my details. I ensured that "Name on my PayPal account" = "Name on my Bank account"= "Name on my PAN card"

Unsure about what to do, I tried contacting PayPal support via my PayPal account, received an automated reply immediately. Of course it was not applicable for my situation, so I replied back with full details. Waited for two days, did not get any reply and then repeated the same procedure four times with same disappointing results.

Checked different boards/forums and found many people are facing same problem. Then I found PayPal's twitter contact

www.Twitter.com/askpaypal

Contacted @AskPayPal via Twiter, told them about the problem and followed them. Unless you follow them and they follow you back, you both cannot use Twitter's DM (Direct Message) facility. Its kind of private message between two users. If you are required to provide your email address registered with PayPal account, using DM make sense!

Be very cautious when sharing your information with the people you can not see. @AskPayPal will never ask your personal information and passwords. If you are required to add/edit information in your PayPal account, you will receive an email from PayPal with required instructions.

It took a couple of days (to be exact 5 days) to restore my PayPal account!


PayPal's contact number (for Indian Customers):

+1-402-938-3740 (9:00 AM IST to 6:00 PM IST)